Sunday, 27 March 2016

A Cosy Sunday in Bolton





Last Sunday, Tom and I were at his lovely grandparents' house, which is a typical weekend activity for us. They have a spare room with a comfy double bed, full cupboards (a rarity when you're a student) and live two minutes walk away from the local pub... it's pretty great. I'm very lucky to have somewhere to go to escape university life for a little while and get a bit spoiled! They're lovely and are so kind to me. :) 

I started the day off with a cup of tea on the sofa and enjoyed the spring sunshine streaming in through the windows. The weather is temperamental at the moment... one minute the sun is shining, and the next there's a heavy downpour... perhaps a sign that April showers are on their way. Tom's grandpa makes the best bacon butties, and I have to admit that I do miss them now that I'm a vegetarian, but an equally tasty egg butty was rustled up for me... so I can't complain! 




I found myself in a bit of a pickle when I (finally) decided to have a shower. After a few minutes the water just stopped and a beeping noise began... my heart sunk - I thought I'd broken the bloody thing! I'm that person who accidentally breaks things at other people's house and it's just soooo embarrassing. But it turned out that I hadn't broken anything (thank God) and it was something to do with water pressure and technical-plumbing-watery-stuff. Tom's grandpa prepared for a week of being water-less. He collected bottles of water from the garage and scolded Tom for using it to have a glass of squash... But luckily everything was working again in a couple of hours. 

Tom's grandparents have a gorgeous cat named Bonnie. I'm a massive cat person and miss my own cats so much when I'm at uni. When we stay with them, I make sure to take full advantage of being around a feline and give Bonnie lots of attention. She likes being brushed and so has the softest fur. And she's one of those fab cats who loves to perch on your knee... she's a sweetheart. 








When you're about fifty yards from the pub, it would just be wrong not to go, and so off we went. I wore a typical outfit for me - black jeans, stripy top, waxed jacket and boots. And I put my hair in some hair down/half bun thingy-ma-bob that I've been likin' lately. Please excuse the scribble on my hand... it was from a club the night before! Tom and I can always guarantee that someone we know will be in the pub on a Sunday and sure enough, plenty of his pals were there. The football was on, but I busied myself with munching on some chips and was glad when Tom's sister popped by later and gave me a break from football-and-beer based chats... Not that I mind talking about those things, but it's nice to have girly chats too! 






The hours zoom by when you're casually conversing over a pint of cider, and before we knew it... it was tea time. Tom's grandma kindly made us tea, which saved Tom and me sleepily struggling to put together a meal of some kind when we got back to Manchester later that evening. After demolishing tea, we hopped on the train back to the big city, bought some chocolate, and went to bed. 

I love these chilled out Sundays. I'm so lucky to be able to get away from student living and have a cosy day with Tom in Bolton. 

Polly 
x

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie looks so cute haha! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is such a cutie-pie! xx

      Delete
  2. Your cat is cute and those fries look so goooddd! =d
    http://marinayege.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So top!!!

    http://www.rubenfernandezf.com/2016/03/29/tatuaje-mucho-significado/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a lovely weekend!! I love the photos and you can't beat an evening down the pub! Bonnie is super cute too!

    Hazel xx

    hazeljane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems you had wonderful weekend! :) Great post :) Your cat is soo cute!

    https://barbiegirl06.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Polly, we love your blog! We'd like to invite you to Chaophraya, Manchester's VIP Fathers Day Showcase. Email fon@thaileisuregroup.co.uk for more info. It would be great to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete