Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Speedy Selfie Outfit no.1






I'm a big lover of clothes and fashion and spending hours goggling over the style of other girls on Instagram... so it seems silly not to include some aspect of fashion on my blog. I thought I could simply post a couple of quick snaps of my outfit every now and then to share my wardrobe with you all. 

This outfit cost me peanuts as the majority of it - skirt, top and belt - is all from Primark. I'm sorry to admit that I used to be a bit of a Primark snob and didn't see the point of spending my money on clothes that I deemed to be awful quality. But after giving it a go, I can totally see what the hype is all about. Primark has some fab stuff - very on trend and very affordable. Plus I don't think the quality is bad at all. Both the skirt and top have been washed and rewashed several times and both are holding up pretty well. 

I feel like I'm channeling a bit of a cowgirl vibe in this outfit what with the denim and the western-y belt... and even with the roses for some reason! I've become very fond of sixties and mod style in the past couple of years, so an A line skirt is a staple in my wardrobe and I find them so useful. A cowgirl mod... fab haha. The shoes are my trusty Superga pumps and the necklace was a present that my parents kindly brought back from Sorrento for me a few weeks ago. It's Murano glass and is very funky. 

Despite liking this outfit a lot, I didn't actually leave the house on this day! But I defo find that getting dressed properly and enjoying what I'm wearing makes me more productive and just feel better about the day in general. 


Hold onto you hats... more speedy outfits will be coming your way soon :)


Polly 
x


P.S. Soz about the dirty mirror... 

8 comments:

  1. Fierce outfit! I love it - it's very 70s! I am also a Primark snob, they have some beautiful things in there at the moment - however I have to restrain myself because I have a clothes hoarding problem!

    Keep doing outfit posts, I love fashion posts :):):):)

    Megan Eve - vintagebeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to restrain myself too... I throw so much into my basket because it's all so cheap but it does add up when you get to the till! Plus I literally have no more storage space for clothes... at all. xx

      Delete
  2. Love this! I wish I could pull outfits together in a 'speedy' fashion! I really love the top, too :) Looking forward to more fashion posts!

    Alice | Whiskey Jars Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute look, loving the little flower on the top!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The top was such a good buy :) x

      Delete
  4. Love this look, the detailing on the top is so pretty and you've styled it perfectly!

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete